Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

"Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all theings, endures all things. " 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

When I think of Valentine's Day, I think of love. When I think of love, I think of this passage from the Bible. Love is a wonderful thing, and I hope that everyone gets to experience great love in their lives.

Have I experienced such love? Yes, I have. I had parents who loved me through thick and thin. They were always there to help me and comfort me when I needed it. Now, I'm surrounded by a wonderful loving family that I'm very thankful for every day. I have a dh who loves and cares about me, as I do him. My children are wonderful people who I'm very proud of having as friends now. As if all of this wasn't enough, I'm also lucky enough to have wonderful loving friends who I enjoy being with whenever possible.

I may not live in a big house with a beautiful yard (always a dream of mine) or have a lot of money. But I am surrounded by love which makes me very happy!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!

6 comments:

SusanB-knits said...

1 Corinthians 13 is my favorite bible passage. What a blessing to have a wonderful and loving family and be surrounded by love.
Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Aunt Kathy said...

There is not enough money to buy the LOVE that you are blessed to have in your life.

Happy Valentines Day to you too

SimplyMe said...

Love is a good thing!!! Much better to tend to than a house and a yard anyway.

Anonymous said...

Much more important to have love than things -- I wholeHEARTedly concur!

Kims Kreations said...

Yes this one of my favorite passages. I actually read it at my brothers wedding, by his request. He was married in Florida on the beach with bagpipes playing. It was awesome! Happy Valentines Day!

Denise and Tim Higgins said...

AWWWW that was so sweet! I'm glad you had a Happy Valentine's Day too!! WE LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!

My Birthday

Your Birthdate: June 27
You are a spiritual soul - a person who tries to find meaning in everything. You spend a good amount of time meditating, trying to figure out life. Helping others is also important to you. You enjoy social activities with that goal. You are very generous and giving. Yet you expect very little in return. Your strength: Getting along with anyone and everyone Your weakness: Needing a good amount of downtime to recharge Your power color: Cobalt blue Your power symbol: Dove
You Are Strawberry Cake
Fresh, sassy, and romantic. You're a total flirt, who never would turn down a sugary treat. Occasionally you're a bit moody - but you usually stay sweet!