Monday, November 5, 2007

It's going to be a good week!

I hope all of you had a good weekend. They go buy so quickly!! I was only planning on going to the flea market for veggies and fruit with my dd on Saturday, but it didn't turn out that way. The vice president of the Historical Society called and asked me if I could help her make a list of the costumes we managed to get so far for the Christmas Parade. So she picked me up and off we went to the Civic League Bldg. When we finished with our list, we ended up going through paperwork that the president who just left, left at the bldg. We found some very interesting stuff that we will be able to use.



I'm so happy. I was elected treasurer of the society because no one else wanted the job! I never really wanted to do it, but I have been doing it for a year now. I have not enjoyed this position at all!! Last week, a decision was made that I would become the secretary, since the present secretary hasn't been able to make the meetings, and the man who had been the treasurer agreed to become treasurer again! So I have balanced the books and written my final report!! Yipee!! I would much rather take notes than the money!



This Thursday is the society meeting. I will give my final report, then start taking notes! I can't wait to see what the membership thinks of our idea for the Christmas Parade. The theme is "The 12 Days of Christmas", so we're doing "The 5 Golden Rings of History". The first ring will be the 1900's, with a horse and buggy, pioneers and Indians. The second ring will be the 1920's with an old car and flappers and people in period dress. The third will be the 1930's gangsters with an old car. The fourth is the 1940's veterans, possibly some from the VFW, but we do have some costumes. And the fifth ring is the 1950's bobby sockers and greasers! My dh will be driving our PT Cruiser that has flames on the sides. He has a leather jacket to wear. We are trying to get sponsors for each ring for $100. So far we have two. I think this will be so much fun! We're getting the old cars with drivers for free!!



I think I'm fighting the cold that my ydd has had, only in a different way. I have been so tired lately, and food hasn't been staying with me for long either. I'm still feeling tired, but other than that I seem to be doing ok.

Tomorrow is my craft club day. My Red Hat Club is going out for lunch, but my friend and I decided that we don't want to go. So we will just go to the club. I made my friend two pair of crocheted flower earrings that have pearls for the centers. I don't have the wire parts though.

Time for me to start dinner, so I'll go for now. Today my microwave decided that it will only run for about 20 seconds! I never liked this microwave, but at least I had one after my nice one broke. Now it looks like I won't have one again! Darn!

Have a great evening!

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

Hi Mary Ann

Sorry it took me so long to get here to comment. You are so faithful to visit me, I feel horrible. Sometimes Adam just makes me rush and then when I have a free minute I can't even remember what I want to do anymore.

Your blog is looking awesome. Isn't it fun?

I am praying also for your health (no cold) (no more knee pain) and for your finances. These are three areas I am very familiar with, my friend. Thank God for His ability to conquer them all

By the way I tagged you on ym blog today, it's a list of questions to answer. Feel free to answer and don;t feel pressured to pass along if you can't. It's fun anyway

I was shocked I knew so little about you after all this time... I was thinking of taking the quiz again, maybe now I can get 100, lol. probably not, my mind is mush these days, LOL

My Birthday

Your Birthdate: June 27
You are a spiritual soul - a person who tries to find meaning in everything. You spend a good amount of time meditating, trying to figure out life. Helping others is also important to you. You enjoy social activities with that goal. You are very generous and giving. Yet you expect very little in return. Your strength: Getting along with anyone and everyone Your weakness: Needing a good amount of downtime to recharge Your power color: Cobalt blue Your power symbol: Dove
You Are Strawberry Cake
Fresh, sassy, and romantic. You're a total flirt, who never would turn down a sugary treat. Occasionally you're a bit moody - but you usually stay sweet!