Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas is over already?

After all the hustle and bussel and getting everything ready, Christmas didn't last nearly long enough for me. But it did tire me out! LOL

I actually slept later than normal on Christmas morning, because the girls didn't wake us up early. When I got up, Becca greated me in the hall. ( She's 19 and my youngest.) I went out and put on the coffee, then proceeded to get the onions and celery ready to put into my stuffing. I hadn't been able to do it the night before because Denise was baking cookies. Whe the coffe was ready, my dh came out and after his first cup, started handing out the presents. That's our tradition. Becca had decided to spend the night, because her truck was being fixed and didn't get returned to her until late.

We had fun opening everything, and the girls had gotten together to give their dad and me some very nice things. After all the openings, I went out and stuffed the turkey and got it into the oven which had been heating. Then, as our tradition mandates, I proceeded to cook breakfast for everyone! To appreciate this, you have to understand that I NEVER make breakfast! Only on Christmas to I break my tradition! lol I made hash browns, link sausage, maple sausage, toasted English muffins, and eggs! I had a bowl of orange and grapefruit sections that I had prepared the day before and an English muffin with one small patty of maple sausage!

Our kids started arriving around 1 pm. Denise went to get her brother Sam, because he didn't have a ride. Becca went to get her bf. Then my oldest gd, Jackie, and her bf, Rob, arrived with her sister, Cindy. Jackie is 6 months older than Becca! lol I haven't seen her for quite awhile, so seeing her was a real treat! Shortly after they arrived, her mother, my odd, Ann, and her dh, Bill, arrived. Next came Chris, with his girlfriend, and his brother, Jimmy. Before I knew it, the apartment was full and very loud! It was wonderful! None of us had much money this year, but that didn't bother us at all. Everyone got something, no matter. Denise had baked cookies for everyone to take home.

Before I knew it, the day was nearly over and we were all watching "National Lampoons Christmas Vacation", another family tradition! Then slowly, everyone started leaving. The day was done!

It didn't seem to last very long. It seems to me that Christmas used to be longer! Could I possibly be getting older? Never!

Hope you all had a great day too!

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

Mary Ann, that sounds like a wonderful day. You made awesome choices on your breakfast too. Doesn't it feel great to be in control?

My Birthday

Your Birthdate: June 27
You are a spiritual soul - a person who tries to find meaning in everything. You spend a good amount of time meditating, trying to figure out life. Helping others is also important to you. You enjoy social activities with that goal. You are very generous and giving. Yet you expect very little in return. Your strength: Getting along with anyone and everyone Your weakness: Needing a good amount of downtime to recharge Your power color: Cobalt blue Your power symbol: Dove
You Are Strawberry Cake
Fresh, sassy, and romantic. You're a total flirt, who never would turn down a sugary treat. Occasionally you're a bit moody - but you usually stay sweet!