Monday, December 10, 2007

Pass it on

In Aunt Kathy's blog, I read about an idea for not so random acts of kindness. All you have to do is respond to my blog, and I will send you a handmade gift. It won't be sent until after Christmas, because I'm way to busy right now to send things out, not to mention too poor! So if you would like to receive a handmade gift from me, just be one of the first 3 to respond to my blog. Sounds like fun, don't you think?

Well, this week is the Historical Society Christmas party that I've been planning. This weekend, I was busy making sure that we had enough tables and chairs to seat the 85 people who have paid to come. Then I was out gathering pine branches that we will be using to decorate the tables. The vice president of the society was helping me. On Wednesday, some ladies from my craft club will be helping me to sweep and wipe off the tables for the dinner, since I couldn't get all of that done this weekend. Then on Wednesday evening, some members of the society will be helping me to set up the tables and put the pine branches in place. We will also be doing a little more decorating.

I talked to the chorus director this week and she is planning on printing up some sheets with the words to carols, so that everyone can join in singing them. It sounds like a great idea to me. They will also be doing some other songs.

Then I found out this weekend that I will be playing Mrs. Claus for Cookies with Mrs. Claus and photos with Santa, that the society is hosting. We looked at the flea market for a wig, but ended up ordering one online. It will be here Friday. We even found some reading glasses that she might wear. This will be interesting.

If you've read my blog before, you know that the Historical Society was in the local Christmas parade with our entry of the 5 Rings of History. I'm happy to say that we won the Presidents Trophy for our efforts. Everyone had a great time at the parade.

Everyone in my craft club loved the crocheted satin ornaments that I gave to them at our Christmas party. We all had such a great time, and the handmade gifts that were brought for our exchange were even better than they were last year.

Right now, I'm crocheting a capelet in white for Mrs. Claus to wear while reading the stories. The vice president of the society is going to purchase some Paton's Divine yarn for me to use as an edging for it. I discovered after starting it that the yarn I had was actually a light pink instead of white.

Guess that's it for today. Have a great evening.

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

Mary Ann thanks for playing the PIF, I think it's going to be fun. I can't wait to see what the Lord leads me to make for you this year coming.

By the way you blog is really looking good, you have some nice graphics going on there. I love it.

My Birthday

Your Birthdate: June 27
You are a spiritual soul - a person who tries to find meaning in everything. You spend a good amount of time meditating, trying to figure out life. Helping others is also important to you. You enjoy social activities with that goal. You are very generous and giving. Yet you expect very little in return. Your strength: Getting along with anyone and everyone Your weakness: Needing a good amount of downtime to recharge Your power color: Cobalt blue Your power symbol: Dove
You Are Strawberry Cake
Fresh, sassy, and romantic. You're a total flirt, who never would turn down a sugary treat. Occasionally you're a bit moody - but you usually stay sweet!