Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Terrific Tuesday

Ok, maybe terrific is too strong a word, but I wanted something that started with a T. It has been a pretty relaxing day so far. Tuesday mornings I go to a craft club with my friend. The ladies are all very nice and most of them belong to the Red Hat group that I joined. In keeping with getting back to some knitting, I started the elepahant dishcloth last night. I found it pretty easy which made me feel good. So I took it with me this morning to the club. Now I must tell you that we talk a lot at this club, so doing anything that I need to pay close attention to just doesn't work out well. I only had to frog once! which is amazing seeing as how much I was talking! lol I managed to get 10 rows done which really surprised me. When I got home, I had some lunch then went back to knitting. I think I'm about 10 rows from finishing it! I'm so proud of myself. The ladies who knit at the club told me that the stitches looked nice and even, of course I could see that myself, but it felt good for them to say it anyway. Maybe someday I'll make a sweater or something, who knows!

I have to tell you what happened last night. I was sitting and knitting when the phone rang. It was my dd, Denise, who was just walking from her car to the apartment that she's now sharing with her sister. She said that she likes to be on the phone while she's doing that. I could hear her unlocking the door when she suddenly asks me if Becca is home. I told her that I thought so, but wasn't sure because she hadn't answered my text earlier. She started gasping and saying omg! Her voice sounded scared and excited. Then she told me that she would call me back. Well I didn't know what to think! I was imagining all sorst of things, including a break in! After what seemed like forever, but was actually only a minute or two, she called me back. She said that when she went in she saw what she thought was a toy frog in the middle of the living room. She thought Becca had bought the dog a new toy. As she walked toward it, the frog hopped!! LOL It startled her. Then as she's talking to me, she woke her sister up to help her get the frog out of the apartment. We were all laughing at a tree frog in the living room when I hung up so the girls could try to get it and take it outside. They have no idea how this big tree frog got into the apartment. I thought this was funny, so I had to share it.

Tomorrow evening, the Historical Society, of which I'm the secretary, is hosting the Chamber of Commerce mixer at our Civic League Building. So last night, a small group of us went over there and cleaned. I've never been to a mixer before, let alone been part of hosting one! We will be having hor derves (probably spelled that wrong) and deserts. I promised to be there since I'm an officer, but I could really care less about going. It should be an interesting evening. I'll let you know how it goes.

Time to get off of here and start dinner. Bye for now!

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Ha Mary Ann a tree frog, that's too funny. Adam and I were matching red eyed tree frogs today with his Diego cards, LOL. But ours didn't hop, LOL.

SimplyMe said...

FOFLMBO!!!!!!

Too funny, especially after the heart stopping fear settled!

My Birthday

Your Birthdate: June 27
You are a spiritual soul - a person who tries to find meaning in everything. You spend a good amount of time meditating, trying to figure out life. Helping others is also important to you. You enjoy social activities with that goal. You are very generous and giving. Yet you expect very little in return. Your strength: Getting along with anyone and everyone Your weakness: Needing a good amount of downtime to recharge Your power color: Cobalt blue Your power symbol: Dove
You Are Strawberry Cake
Fresh, sassy, and romantic. You're a total flirt, who never would turn down a sugary treat. Occasionally you're a bit moody - but you usually stay sweet!